Saturday, January 21, 2012

Book Review: AngelFall by Susan Ee @Susan_Ee



Wows. 
If you follow me on twitter or facebook or goodreads, sorry for the repeat fangirl, but I just gotta say...


HOLY CRAAAAAP! Let the fangirling begin!!!


No seriously, go get this book. .99 on Amazon. Let me spell that out for you- NINETY-NINE CENTS!


It is by far one of the best fantasy books I have EVER READ. I mean EVER. And I read A LOT! Angelfall is right up there with Hunger Games, LOTR, and Outlander. I'm not kidding. 


For my friends who like the adult reads, I'm not gonna lie, it's a YA book, but still! It has intrigue, a hot guy busting faces, a hard core heroine, and such amazing imagery! It is truly a stunning, slack-jaw, grip your book til it chokes kind of novel!


For my YA girls- It's a fantastical YA! This is a wildly fast paced tale about demons and fallen angels and Susan weaves these incredible scenes of vicious  human depravity within this gutted backdrop of our world post angel apocolypse. No, not kidding! The lead character, Penryn, is tough and very badass even though she thinks like any girl would, but she's in a ridiculously nonsensical situation.


Please go get this book. What's .99? I can guarantee you will be happy I sent you if you are a fantasy nerd. Or into badass YA characters. Or big on hot angels! 


AND it's such a quick read!!!! If I had been able to sit for longer than 30 mins at a time, I swear this would've been done in one sitting!


Oh, and Raffe? Yeah... the next Zsadist in my book ;) Nothing like a wounded rebel angel battling his inner demons while handing ACTUAL demons and some fallen angels their asses as far as I'm concerned!


I'm frothing to get the second book and it doesn't come out until the summer :( But at least I can fangirl about Susan Ee and tell you guys to go get it!  I am so proud of her for self-publishing such a fantastic novel and if she did submit it to publishers before and they balked at her, I bet they're eating crow now. This is so ridiculously well written and I just wanna be Susan's bestie and pick her brain all about angels and demons and having crazy awesome guts. I hope someday I'm as badass as Susan Ee. Talk about brave!
Okay, I'm gonna shut up now, you go buy her book! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment