Thursday, July 7, 2011

Book Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by @michellehodkin I came, I read, I cried, I laughed, I recommend.

I love this book. Most of you who've followed me for a while know that I read this while I was betaing Mara for Michelle. I read this story so many times, I have parts of it memorized. One scene in particular, I won't mention it, but it still makes me all swoony-giggly-blushy. Yeah... I know. You'll know what I'm talkin' about when you read it. ;)


It is truly an intriguing, emotional, heart-thumping, complicated tale.


Our main character Mara is distressed, but she's no damsel looking for a white knight. Noah is gallant, but he's not sporting any shining armour.



Mara is my love. She is tough, smart, feisty, and will put you in your place, in more ways than one.


Noah will make you swoon. He's smart, snarky, sexy, and foreign.


Aren't those the requirements for a heartthrob? Give him a brain, a body, and a British accent and he's golden, yea?



I will brag about Michelle because she's my friend and I love her... I will brag about Mara because it's a damn fine story with suspense and pain, heart and humor.


This is a fantasy paranormal YA thriller and I hope you'll put it on your list. It's gonna freak you the hell out and you'll love it. Go check out www.michellehodkin.com to find out more about my girl Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment