Friday, March 25, 2011

Book Review: Beautiful Creatures by @KamiGarcia & @MStohl


What can I say? I loved this book! And not just because my girl Michelle Hodkin sent me a book that Kami and Margaret signed for me!




I really enjoyed getting to know Ethan and Lena... I really wanted to know them. From very early on I was attached to both of them. Some books take me a while to care about a protag, but in this story, I wanted to know them and I did really care about what was happening from  very early on.

Lena is strong, but she is self-conscious as well. She's passionate and beautiful, but she's also temperamental and has a lot on her mind for a teenage girl.

Young Ethan stole my heart pretty fast as well. He's so head over heels in love with Lena, the Caster girl down the road. He knows that he shouldn't, but he does. His dreams of her haunt him before he even knows who she is, but when he meets her, he knows she's a missing piece and will do anything to help her. Even die.

The young language and fun conversations weave perfectly within the spell casting and otherworldly beings that seem to find their way to Ethan and Lena at every turn.

And then there are the humans. They cause more problems for Lena and Ethan than the creatures! The bigoted Southern town is a character in and of itself mixed with nuts, loons, and Daughters of the Revolution. I kept picturing Ethan's best friend Link's mom as Loralie's mom, Emily, from Gilmore Girls.

I truly enjoyed this story immensely. I wish that I'd had more time to dedicate to sitting down and reading it in one sitting rather than over an entire month. It is a long one, but it is definitely worth it. Kami and Margaret have a way with words and the demonic :)

I loved being wrapped up within a fun YA Romance that was mixed with the paranormal mystery. It was a fun mix and it worked very well. It really is a great mind vacation!


Now I need Beautiful Darkness! Michi, you wanna send me that one too?!

No comments:

Post a Comment