Wednesday, March 23, 2011

ARC Book Review: Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers @courtney_s

What an intense read!




I honestly took several breaks while reading this 200 some odd page book because the topic and subject matter as well as the power behind the language and emotions that were stirred up with this book... it was just so hard and intense.


Intense seems to be the word that keeps popping up when I describe this to others. I want people to read it. Courtney Summers did an incredible job with this story. You feel so much for Eddie and her family and friends.


You see how intricately laced we all are and how a small action changes so much and how one person can hurt so many others. The pain within the pages of this book can be both stifling and liberating. It feels good to go through the catharsis, but it also does sting.


Several times while reading, my stomach flipped and plummeted. But that is what makes this story so great. It's real and it's gritty along with the beauty. It's real life. There are parts of this book that will feel like a mirror and it will be uncomfortable, but then there are several instances where I found myself laughing or grinning like a tool as well.


There is a lot of pain in the story, but it's also incredibly beautiful and poignant. This is truly a wonderful read, I just personally struggle with death and depression because it brings up a lot of things I'd rather not think about.


It is truly a wonderful read and I would guess that most people would be able to plow through it in a few hours if that. It might have been hard for me to read, but I don't regret it in the least.


Summers did an amazing job with this story. I would highly recommend, just maybe not during an emo day.

No comments:

Post a Comment