Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sevens today. Not Sixes. @Melissa_Landers, @NJ_Bookworm, @RheanaWrites, @MSmithBooks, @ameliajune, @_JessicaCline

I'm writing this early, hopefully planning ahead pays off and works. We'll see.


Two friends, Kat and Crystal tagged me in this WIP writing thingy. I figured I'd cave to peer pressure.

It's not like Fight Club... There are no rules. But we could still have a Tyler Durden!

There actually are some lines to stay within and they are:

  1. Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript
  2. Go to line 7
  3. Copy down the next seven lines/sentences as they are–no cheating
  4. Tag 7 other authors

Here's mine from my new novel Downpour:


His black and blue marks are deep and dark across his ribs, marring the black words of his tattoo. Lacerations criss-cross along the flesh and I have to bite back my anger. 
It doesn’t look like I’ve injured him more, so I pull his shirt back into place and step away quickly so I don’t say anything as my temper flares. Grabbing some ice and placing it inside a bag and towel, I come back to the couch where he is leaning forward, his elbows on his knees.
--
I shall challenge Katie, Amelia, Chelle, Melissa, Rheana, JessC, and RevJen.

No comments:

Post a Comment