Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - Last year of 2010!

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Incredible!
Suzanne Collins had me completely horrified and transfixed with Hunger Games and I thought she had a fifty-fifty shot of doing it again with this book. She did it. I was sucked in completely. I had to stop mid-way through to do NaNo but I would whine to my friends about wanting to finish it. I was happy that it was my last year of 2010 and I am now onto Mockingjay as my first read of 2011. I thought I would need a break from the series since Catching Fire is so incredibly intense and you find yourself panting because of the suspense, but I could not wait to read book three.
Collins has an uncanny ability to end every single chapter on a cliff and you are willing to stay up to all hours and slack off at work just to find out more about Katniss and her world. In Hunger Games I was Team Katniss, in Catching Fire I became Team Peeta, in Mockingjay I think I'm Team Buttercup/ Cinna :)
If you've not read Hunger Games, I won't put in spoilers, but you need to read this series. It is such a ride and it grabs your attention from the first chapter and doesn't let you go through book three. I'm actually wanting to go back to MJ right now!
If you know me, you know I don't do gore and much violence unless it is necessary to the plot... trust me, everything that happens is there for a reason and you will be stuck to the terror and pain just as much as you are to Katniss' incredible inner monologue and Peeta's selflessness and Gale's passion. You will gasp, sigh, and ignore those around you for this story. I promise! :)

1 comment:

  1. This is a perfect review of the book. Completely sucks you in.

    ReplyDelete