Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Pick for the Top Read of 2010 - @naturallysteph

Anna and the French KissAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars on GoodReads.com

ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!!!!
Shiver was my pick for best book of last year. I am thinking that Anna and the French Kiss is my 2010 pick. This story had everything. Really.
There were swoon-worthy moments. Sighing. Beautiful, not-perfect boys. Snarky, smart, sweet girls. Sighs. Stomach drops. Cheering. Yes... I cheered. I even squeed a little. I'm not ashamed.
My husband even mocked me for hugging the book after I wrote my note in it. Yeah, hugged it. That's how good it is.
This book had so many great moments and I can't think of anything I would change about it. It had me up and down and that's how I know it was good. It affected my emotions, for better and worse, it had me stuck to it; sneaking reads at my desk and in between teaching, dreaming of what would happen to Anna next, and it was just simply lovely.

Stephanie Perkins has a wonderful YA voice, but it's not immature. And thankfully, it's not contrived or condescending. Anna doesn't sound like a grown woman trying to sound like a teen girl. It's just Anna and her friends and her foes and Etienne'.
Ooooooh Etienne'. "He has an acute accent and a cute accent." *le sigh*

I HIGHLY encourage my book nerd girls to go get it. You can preorder it now. Etienne' awaits!!!

This book arrives on shelves this weekend and I am running out to buy it. Sadly I couldn't keep the book because it belongs to Forever YA Lit Blogger Jess, but man, I was tempted! I plan on buying a hard back and then a soft cover as well.

I recently started speaking to Stephanie via facebook and twitter and she is just as awesome in person as she is in her book. I even taught her a new word ;)

She's an awesome chick, this is a fantastic book, don't walk, run, to your local bookstore and pick up Anna and the French Kiss.

I <3 Etienne'

BnB

No comments:

Post a Comment